01 June 2011

Scary Love

Since about the age of ten (big whoop, I'm only twenty-one, now) I've had a borderline unhealthy obsession with all things horror. So much so that before I ever ventured down this path that is erotica/erotic romance, pretty much the only thing I ever wrote was horror.
My first two attempts to break out of the horror genre were wonderful, and I love the stories themselves, but I found that before long, I started getting bored and itching to get back to that pulse-pounding fear. Which is one of the things that led me to my recently contracted novella Sparks Fly.
The book itself is far more horror than it is either erotic or romance, but the point is that while writing it, I realized that I don't have to choose. Almost immediately following Sparks Fly, I started writing another novella that was actually originally supposed to be titled Sparks Fly (more on that in a later blog) and that one had it all: a healthy combination of terror and sexxin. Or at least I think it's a healthy combination.
I don't think I'll be able to turn my back on writing a good love story anytime soon. But the good thing is: now I know I don't have to. I can throw everything I love right into one manuscript. My poor characters may hate me afterwords. But I think it'll make us all stronger in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment