29 January 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 1/29/12




Welcome back, sixers! Today we're gonna take a trip back in time. Back to Last Friday Night, which releases from Etopia Press this Friday! Am I the only one who hates waking up in the dark?


Friday, 1:19 a.m.
Jessie’s eyes snapped open, tendrils of fear still tight around him. The room was bathed in shadows. He could feel someone’s gaze on him, sliding along is skin like a slug, and the shadows gave whoever was watching him plenty of places to hide. Reaching for the lamp on his bedside table, he clicked it on, bathing the room in a deep orange glow.
Everything was exactly as he’d left it, and he was quite alone.


For more authors who may or may not feel like they're being watched, be sure to check out the official Six Sentence Sunday site here.

17 comments:

  1. A very normal response to wakes up in a start. You gave two uses of bathe in these six sentences, however. Just pointing it out.

    Thanks for sharing.
    J.W. Parente

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work with the fear. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so creepy. Love the slug part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the worst feeling. It happens to me all the time (thinking someone is there), but in my case when I switch the light on I usually see my daughter standing next to my bed. She's a bit of a sleep walker. ;-) Great six. Very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew, the slug... Great, descriptive six. Totally creeped me out.
    And congrats on release day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, some really great visualization. You really brought that pounding, sweaty moment of waking in fear to life. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creepy. I love the slug, I could feel that gaze and it made me shudder. Great six and congrats on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very descriptive. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the chills reading that. A fabulous six! :)

    Congrats on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a lot of fear in that Six.

    SLira aka Michael M/BL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate that feeling of being watched. Creeps me out! Fantastic six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tension, great writing. He was being watched, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh creepy, I HATE when that happens...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eerie and evocative, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'sliding along is skin like a slug' -- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete